This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancers
Expert human-resources executive with hands-on experience in diverse disciplines operating over in multiple regions and countries.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration & Finance (Yarmouk University – Jordan 1988).
- Master degree in Educational Management (Al-Fasher University - Sudan 2005).
Nov. 2014 – Present
Representative & Authorized Signatory
Drake and Scull International
J.V. CCC – Algeria
Corporate HR management role with responsibility for guiding and directing the overall provisions of Human Resources functions, policies and procedures for the JV (Drake & Scull International - DSC and Consolidated Contractors Company - CCC).
- Company Representative in front of all local authorities & Authorized Signatory - Algeria Area.
- Build and maintain strong relations and trust with all related local authorities; led to create a better image which had a positive impact in the various areas of dealing and communication.
- Maintain reporting mechanism with the corporate team in Dubai; led to easy access and highly effective transmission of information and data.
- Lead and Direct the HR team (local & expat staff), led to sustain the ongoing success of the project In terms of achieving the set KPIs more effectively and efficiently.
- Provide leadership and coordination to all local and expatriate employees regarding human resource functions, which have led to improved operating processes and change management.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in respect to recruitment, induction, contracts, remuneration, performance management and role clarity, which reinforced the top management's vision that HR Department is a strategic partner for the success of the project's works.
- Establish work culture that promoted teamwork spirit.
- Proactively work with the local and expat team to convert strategy, policies and processes into service operations to support the implementation of HR solutions related to the project needs which reduced many conflicts that existed between the project management and the workers.
- Provide legal advice to the project board management; helped immensely in making a strategic decisions during the project life cycle.
- Ensure compliance and risk management across the HR operation and systems locally, helped to make correction actions and avoid fines prior to government investigations and lawsuit.
- Continuance follow-up on the project organization restructure based on the project life cycle and other influencing factors (whether internally or externally), which helped in achieving the balance between compliance with the law and the benefits of the project.
- Took the responsibility to lead the Security Department with effect from 1/1/2017,and set the site security strategic plan and follow up the implementation; which led to more control over the work on the site and the creation of effective business intelligence for early preparation for any emergency.
April 2013 – Oct. 2014
Human Capital Director
Power Line Engineering Doha - Qatar
Human Capital Director to develop and lead HR practices that provide a corporate culture of empowerment, quality, productivity and standards that help retain a motivated workforce to build successful business.
- Establish objectives and develop effective techniques of setting KPI's to HR team based on PLQ overall objectives.
- Develop HR policy and procedures, and ensure effective implementation.
- Lead and manage all activities related to the HR functions including recruitment, training, performance management, career planning, succession planning, manpower planning …etc.
- Encourage the ongoing people development and actively coaching.
- Participate in developing PLQ organization structure to create a productive working environment.
- Implement a mechanism of reporting system identifies and measures the KPI’s related to the HR functions.
- Manage talents performance by identifying key programs elevating the skills & abilities.
- Coach all departments’ directors and line managers regarding all HR activities.
- Continues evaluation to HR functions by following creative approaches and effective performance measures towards achieving objectives within assigned deadlines.
- Develop training plans and manage the budgets based on the needs analysis.
- Monitor the process of the performance appraisal system.
- Direct employees mobilization and communication.
- Initiate corrective action where necessary to ensure operations are conducted within the agreed parameters and targets are achieved.
- Support all line managers to evaluate the present and future needs of maintaining staffing level within the budget parameters to be aligned to the overall PLQ’s strategy.
- Follow-up the integration of HR activities to be aligned with PLQ’s requirements of quality management, efficiency and service.
- Design, direct and manage all activities related initiative to address issues such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention and change management.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through avenues such as suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys and one-on-one meetings.
- Identify and monitor PLQ's culture that supports the attainment of its objectives and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Undertake benchmark studies to ensure that the HR functions are in line with market practices and compliant with country laws.
- Coordinate and monitor all payroll related processes with respect to cost center management, timely processing of leaves, overtime, deduction, expense claims as per Delegation of Authority.
- Ensure job descriptions are completed for each role aligned with the overall PLQ’s strategy.
- Ensure that all departments Heads to conduct a regular review meetings with the team members to monitor performance management.
Oct. 2000 - April 2013
Regional HR Manager
Dar Al – Omran Planners. Architects. Engineers
Amman - Jordan
Managing the HR Strategic planning and operation in all subsidiaries (DAO Infrastructure-Jordan, KSA, UAE- Abu Dhabi/ Sharjah, Yemen, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan)
- Responsible to prepare the strategic plans for the HR Department and measure the implementation by setting KPI’s.
- Develop and implement performance management strategy (PDP’s).
- Control the HR Department budgets.
- Direct, Develop and Update the DAO’s HR system:
- Dictionary of Competencies
- Job Descriptions based on Competencies.
- Recruitment & selection policy and procedures based on job needs & competencies.
- Training and Development policy and procedures.
- Performance appraisal system based on MBO & Competencies.
- Career path, Succession Planning & Career Development.
- Grading system.
- Compensation and Benefits system.
- Salary scale.
- Code of Ethics.
- Authorities Delegation Matrix
- HR manual.
- Develop and plan the corporate HR functions as a strategic partner.
- Implement, direct and evaluate the corporate HR function to meet DAO’s strategic plan.
- Develop strategies for the implementation of Talent Management programs.
- Develop, implement and enforce the corporate HR system and the Admin. Policies & procedures.
- Monitor all HR Functions and make sure the compliance with the applicable laws in every region.
- Coaching and counseling all Country Managers & HR teams in all regions.
- Manage staff mobilization and communication.
- Participate in Business Development Activities – Sudan Market.
1991 – 2000
Executive and Finance Manager
National & Nahda Institute - Training & Development Kuwait
1988 – 1991
Bank of Kuwait & Middle East Kuwait