This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Monitoring and evaluation and data expert with experience working with various clients including UN agencies, ECHO, Global Affairs Canada, and International NGOs in the Middle East including 16 months on initiatives in Iraq. Multi-skilled expert with the ability to set up systems, develop tools, log-frames, M&E plans, analyze qualitative and quantitative data using high-tech platforms, proficient with Microsoft Office software, as well as ArcGIS. A team leader with experience in accomplishing department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating activities.
A bachelors' degree holder , Information Managements Systems, Amman, Jordan
Full time Project Manager and M&E Specialist
July 2020 – June 2021
Canadian Leaders in International Consulting
Based in Baghdad, Iraq
- Provided support to project teams on the technical direction and implementation of projects including preparation of Inception Plans, Project Implementation Plans and Annual Work plans
- Provided technical guidance and Quality Assurance backstopping to the M&E experts on the “Context Monitoring of GIZ \Programs in Ninewa and \Anbar, Iraq,”
- Supported project teams in the design of M&E methodology and tool development, digital data collection adoption, and data analysis and reporting.
- Ensured high-quality quarterly project impact data collection among project beneficiaries in targeted districts at the household level by the local data gatherers.
- Produced one impact evaluation report for Anbar as per the team planning and timelines and present and discussed findings and recommendations to GIZ technical staff;
- Produced monthly monitoring reports, presenting context and conflict driver findings for each district in a narrative format.
- Presented the context monitoring findings to relevant working groups (i.e. Peace and Reconciliation Working Groups, Protection Working Group, etc.) as identified by GIZ and the GIZ project teams
- Identified and compiled database information in order to create maps in response to requests.
- Performed creation, conversion, translation, migration, and import of GIS data from various sources.
Information Management Officer
February – July 2020
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Based in Amman, Food Security Sector Whole of Syria
- Provided information management services to the whole of Syria FSS sector, including data collection, cleaning, collation, analysis, dissemination processes relevant to the needs of the cluster, report writing, mapping, visualizations (charts and infographics) and story maps
- Supported the Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in preparing the information needed for its monthly and quarterly monitoring reports and any other food security related requests
- Compiled and consolidated the Food Security Sector datasets as per defined data protocols and deadlines and share with Syria hubs.
- Built the capacity of the hub IMs and partners on data submission, analysis, and visualization through in-person and on job training.
- Supported hub coordinators in information gathering and report writing for situational updates based on hub/multi-hub responses.
- Represented the WoS FSS sector in multisectoral needs assessments and support in analysis and reporting of sector indicators.
- Developed/improved products including designing/updating dashboards and writing Situation Reports and
- Supported Outcome monitoring process, including tool design, sampling, data/indicators analysis, mapping, and visualization. Support Outcome monitoring process, including tool design, sampling, data/indicators analysis, mapping, and visualization.
M&E Expert, Researcher and Writer
Sep 2019 – Feb 2020
Canadian Leaders in International Consulting, Iraq project
- Lead the implementation of 2 Market Assessments for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Iraq
- Developed data collection tools and templates, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation tools
- Designed and Wrote the Market Assessment Analysis Report which was submitted to NRC-Iraq
- Reviewed and analyzed the results of the World Bank funded “Citizen Engagement and Sensitization Project” for the Iraq Reconstruction Fund (REFAATO) and produced a Final Context Report summarizing the key findings and analysis of citizen engagement in the reconstruction of 10 target communities in areas affected by the conflict with ISIS and providing recommendations for ongoing citizen engagement.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Dec 2018 - May 2019
Mercy Corps, Erbil, Iraq
- Provided leadership and training in the development of M&E Plans, M&E tools, survey design, methodology, and data analysis.
- Addressed shortfalls in monitoring, evaluation and information management systems that affect program implementation.
- Ensured that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing programs
- Lead the process of CARM (Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism) systems across Iraq programs.
- Provided Day to day management, and technical support for M&E national staff across 7 governorates in Iraq
- Lead on/Provided support with systems set up, tools development, log-frames, PMPs, baselines, end-lines, M&E plans, qualitative and quantitative, data analysis, report writing.
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
April 2017 - Dec 2018
Mercy Corps, Amman, Jordan
- Supported the implementation of all project activities under the ECHO-funded Cash project, including conducting surveys, focus group discussions and other data collection methods
- Participated and represented Mercy Corps at Cash Consortium M&E steering committee meetings
- Provided technical support and guidance to project and M&E team
- Ensured comprehensive and accurate data recording and collection of program activities, with continuous follow up on KOBO data collector, Consortium database and cash distribution database
- Participated in data collection and analysis that contributed to program and pillar strategic learning.
- Provided technical support with internal and external partners related to cash programming that included, roll-out of Refugee.Info in Jordan, roll-out of Mobile Wallet and Self-Reliance Index .
- Supported performance and quality (PAQ) team within Mercy Corps to assist in the roll-out and organizational learning around the CommCare data collection tool
June 2016 - March 2017
- Conducted assessments for the most vulnerable refugees and identified extremely vulnerable Syrian households as potential beneficiaries of cash assistance or psycho-social support.
- Planned and implemented a best psycho-social, life skills activities, for vulnerable Syrian children and youth Provided monitoring of NFI distribution for vulnerable households during the winter season
Jan 2013 - Nov 2013
Médecins du Monde
Zaatari CAMP, Jordan
- Kept up to date on eligibility criteria and referral processes for referral services within Médecins du Monde,other agencies, and with authorities
- Collected information about visited vulnerable families through interviews, observation, and tests carried out via outreach home visits
- Provided Weekly updates numbers of beneficiaries/patients segregated by age, gender and type of service provided